Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Possibilities and Dreams

Tuesday, November 10, 2015


This photograph came across my Facebook page and it intrigued me with the “what-if?” possibilities of such an offer. At first, I had questions like “Can I choose what season of the year to be there?” and the more practical, “Does it have indoor plumbing, heat and electric lights?” However, what struck me the most was what a wonderful location to experience the world totally naked, yet not in so primitive a fashion that it would be dangerous. To enjoy the world as we should always do so, with our bare toes connected to the heartbeat of Mother Earth, to absorb the heat and life of Father Sun with our naked bodies, and to sing to Grandmother Moon with our entire being unmuffled by smothering clothes. To bask in the warmth of a fire while I simultaneously relaxed naked in the cool evening air, listening to the birds chirp their good nights to the Sky, before curling up to rest under the light of the moon. I wondered if my voice would be rusty from disuse or whether I would find myself singing mindless tunes to entertain the birds and creatures of the forest. I could see myself creating beautiful paintings and drawings, writing poems to recite to the Gods of the Air, and bathing in the soft rain under the sky.

My answer to the question posed by the photograph had only a few caveats…I wanted to have plenty of groceries, a huge stack of books to read and artist supplies so that I might record the beauties of the nature around me…and an equally naked companion to share the Garden with.

Such is the stuff of dreams these days.


1 comment:

  1. This is very well written and obviously the writer has the ability to do two things, write & think logically, at the same time! "Is that unusual?" I hear you ask. Yes it most certainly is a scarce ability if you read much of the 'blog' brigade tomes on line these days.
    Thank you for an entertaining, interesting & sensible fun blog!

    ReplyDelete