Saturday, March 15, 2014

Introducing: thenakedhistorian

Let me introduce myself. For reasons most of you will understand, I call myself "thenakedhistorian"...yes, I know that's all one word but it works for me, and obviously I am a home nudist, hence the "naked" part of the new moniker. 

Anyway, I am a non-traditional post-graduate student researching Late Medieval and Early Modern History (ranging from 1000CE to 1700CE) and finding interesting tidbits about body image and attitudes as I go along. Those are what I want to share here, as well as some of my personal observations about my own body image as I age and how they correlate to religious strictures which have been hammered into our psyches since time immemorial. Be aware that some topics will be decidedly adult in nature and decide beforehand whether you care to read them.

I am sure I will anger some of you, but as these are my own carefully researched observations or analyses of my personal experiences, you are entitled to your opinion and may comment as long as you remain polite. 

This blog is *my* world, and the rules are simple: 1) Think carefully before you comment. 2) Be polite to both me and any others who comment. 3) Keep the language clean.

Thanks for tuning in here :)

Stay warm and Stay Naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment